Treatment options vary as do the causes of joint pain. Medication can alleviate the symptoms but do not typically treat the source. Common medication for joint pain includes acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and narcotic pain relievers such as oxycodone, Percocet, or methadone, anti-inflammatory medication such as naproxen.
Many people endure the painful symptoms of arthritis and its related diseases. The symptoms that they can suffer include tenderness, swelling, redness, pain and stiffness. There are so many different kinds of arthritis but the most common is osteoarthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis and gout are the other two very common types.
What Causes Joint Pain?
The cause of arthritis joint pain is unknown, but most scientists believe that heredity and lifestyle choices play a major role.
Weight: - The heavier you are, the more stress you put on your joints. Therefore, you are more likely to develop a condition than someone who is not putting as much pressure on his or her weight-bearing joints.
Lifestyle: - Heavy lifting can stress joints and lead to joint pain and injury. If your job entails heavy lifting, or if you work out with big weights, you are more apt to develop a joint condition.
Increased Age: - Studies show that your risk of developing joint pain and arthritis goes up as you get older.
Gender: - You are more likely to develop arthritis if you are female than if you are male. Men are less susceptible to osteoarthritis and related conditions.
Self care is important for coping with painful joints. A healthy diet and a good exercise and stretching program help to increase mobility, flexibility and levels of fitness and provide minor joint pain relief. Athletes however should restrict arduous activities when injured and during the recovery process. Alternative methods such as heat and ice or apply pain patches can offer safe and effective minor joint pain relief.
Most Important Tips for Joint Pain: -
• Apply Eucalyptus oil where there is pain. Steam the affected area or dip a towel in boiling water, twist the water out from the towel and apply it to the affected area.
• Have one tea spoon of cod liver oil every day-Stick to the one tsp measure. Avoid use of too much pain killers especially those containing narcotic and sleeping tablets.
• You can have a look at your diet as there are some products that will exacerbate the pain. Sometimes dairy products, citrus, alcohol, some meat, beef, pork, lamb, and vegetable oils have inflammatory effects and if your condition is inflammatory then this is a joint pain remedy that you should consider. You can find a good arthritis diet out there for you.
• Have lots of fruits containing Vitamin C like Guava, Oranges, and Gooseberries. Try avoiding milk and potatoes.
• Usually Joint pain is felt more in the morning. Apply some ointment on the affected area before going to bed everyday.
• Simple exercises in Yoga, Cycling, Swimming, Walking etc. can control the pain. Keep the exercises simple and do not overexert. Doing exercises standing in chest level water also improves the pain.
• Proper posture should be maintained while sitting, walking and lying down.
• If overweight, control weight by reducing food and doing exercises.
For more information's visit Joint Pain Treatment and Arthritis Joint Pain. Also visit more Herbal Remedies